Al Pastor Fish Tacos
Fish Tacos al Pastor
Updated on August 22, 2022
2 hrs 14 minsJump to Nutrition Facts
Mexican Charred Tomatillo Salsa:
2 pounds fresh tomatillos, husks removed
10 dried chile de arbol peppers
2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
salt to taste
Fish Tacos al Pastor:
10 guajillo chile peppers – stems, seeds, and veins removed
5 pasilla chile peppers – stems, seeds, and veins removed
¼ cup white vinegar
¼ cup orange juice
1 clove garlic
3 whole cloves
1 pinch ground cumin
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 pounds skinless trout fillets
¼ cup butter
1 large onion, finely chopped, divided
1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
12 corn tortillas
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
4 limes, cut into wedges for garnish
- Wash tomatillos under cold running water.
- Line a heavy cast iron grill pan or griddle with aluminum foil and place over high heat. Arrange tomatillos, chiles de arbol, and 2 cloves garlic in a single layer on top. Grill until chiles are blackened, turning as necessary, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Continue grilling tomatillos and garlic until they are evenly blackened, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Peel garlic and place in a mortar and pestle. Season with salt and pound into a thick paste. Add chiles; pound until smooth. Add as many tomatillos as you can fit in your mortar; pound until chunky. Transfer salsa to a bowl. Repeat with remaining tomatillos, mixing them into the bowl of salsa in batches.
- Place guajillo and pasilla chile peppers in a saucepan, cover with water, and cook until softened, about 25 minutes.
- Combine softened peppers, vinegar, orange juice, 1 clove garlic, cloves, cumin, salt, and pepper in a blender; blend until smooth. Add some water if sauce is too thick. Strain into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool, about 5 minutes.
- Season trout fillets with pepper and put in a lidded container or a large resealable plastic bag. Cover with cooled sauce and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Remove trout fillets from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Remove from sauce and cut into cubes. Reserve marinade.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat and cook 1/2 the onion until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add trout and reserved sauce; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until trout is opaque and the sauce has been reduced, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fold in pineapple.
- Warm corn tortillas in a skillet. Divide trout mixture amongst tortillas and top with remaining 1/2 onion and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and charred tomatillo salsa.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Al Pastor Fish Tacos on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Al Pastor Fish Tacos