Al Pastor Pineapple Pulled Pork
- Place pork in a large brining vessel. Cut a few slashes into fat side of pork.
- Whisk salt, pineapple juice, and water together in a large bowl. Pour brine over pork. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Combine salt, ancho powder, chipotle powder, garlic powder, cumin, cinnamon, and oregano together for the rub.
- Remove pork from brine and place on a deep baking pan lined with foil. Season generously with spice rub. Reserve remaining spice rub for another use.
- Preheat a charcoal grill between 300 to 325 degrees F (150 to 175 degrees C). Place 2 bricks on the grate, if you like, and place the baking pan on top.
- Grill, occasionally spooning rendered juices over meat, until very tender, about 7 hours. Make sure to maintain the same 25-degree range in temperature by adjusting the vents under, and on top of the grill, or smoker. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of pork should read 195 degrees F (91 degrees C).
- Remove pan from the grill, wrap top in foil, and let rest for 1 hour. Meanwhile, cook pineapple over the last of the coals until nicely charred, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Dice grilled pineapple to get about 2 cups. Combine in a bowl with serrano pepper, red peppers, cilantro, and rice vinegar. Season with salt and a pinch of leftover spice rub.
- Remove pork bone and pull meat apart. Add to a bowl with some of the rendered fat; pull apart with 2 forks. Place some pork over each bottom bun, top with pineapple salsa, and cover with other half bun.
Chef’s Notes:Any ground chili pepper will work in place of ancho.Make sure you make pineapple salsa; it’s great on anything, including ice cream, so don’t let the last of those hot coals go to waste.
Editor’s Note:Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of rub and brine ingredients. The actual amount consumed will vary.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Al Pastor Pineapple Pulled Pork on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Al Pastor Pineapple Pulled Pork