- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Place butter, 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, olive oil in a separate mixing bowl. Mix together thoroughly until mixture has a creamy texture. Add 1 egg; mix into butter/sugar mixture. Whisk in 2nd egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract; whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture. Mix until flour is incorporated. Add whole almonds and chopped almonds; mix in evenly. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Divide dough in half. Place each half on a length of plastic wrap and shape into a log. Wrap with the plastic wrap and press into a shape about 3 or 4 inches wide and about 1/2 inch high. Transfer both pieces to prepared baking sheet leaving about 3 or 4 inches of space between them to allow for spreading.
- Bake in center of preheated oven until turning golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before slicing.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cut each piece at a slight angle into 1/2- to 1 -inch thick slices with a serrated knife. Transfer pieces back to baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 12 minutes; remove from oven and flip pieces over. Return pan to oven and bake until biscotti are golden brown and crunchy, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer biscotti to a cooling rack; let cool to room temperature.
Chef’s Notes:If using kosher salt, use 1/2 teaspoon instead of 1/4 teaspoon fine salt.
Editor’s Note:Please note the differences in yield and cook time, as well as the use of cranberries instead of chopped almonds when using the magazine version of this recipe.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Almond Biscotti by Chef John on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Almond Biscotti by Chef John