Apfelkuchen with Versunkenheit (German Sunken Apple Cake)
- Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar and mix until well combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoon flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to batter and mix until batter is smooth.
- Peel and quarter apples. Remove core and cut apples like a fan from the outside towards the inside but do not cut all the way through.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a springform pan with butter.
- Spoon batter into the prepared springform pan and spread out evenly. Set cut apple quarters in a circle into the batter with the round, cut side facing up. Gently push apples into the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, and dust cooled cake with confectioners’ sugar.
Cook’s Note:The original recipe is in metric – if you have a scale, here are the metric measurements: 125 g unsalted butter, 125 g sugar, and 200 g flour.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Apfelkuchen with Versunkenheit (German Sunken Apple Cake) on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Apfelkuchen with Versunkenheit (German Sunken Apple Cake)