- Whisk flour, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Fill a 1-cup liquid measuring cup with water. Drop in 3 ice cubes; set aside.
- Remove butter and flour mixture from freezer. Grate butter into the flour mixture quickly. Toss using a spatula or an electric mixer to incorporate the grated butter. Drizzle 1/2 cup ice water into the bowl and mix, adding a little more water at a time until dough begins to form large clumps. Gather and lightly knead clumps of dough together into a mound using your hands.
- Divide dough in 1/2 and wrap each portion separately in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, roll dough out on a lightly floured surface and place bottom crust into a 9-inch pie pan. Roll out second crust and slice dough into long, 3/4-inch wide strips using a rotary pizza cutter.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Fill bottom pie crust with apples. Cover with dough strips, weaving into a lattice crust; crimp edges to seal. Place pie in the refrigerator.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add white sugar, brown sugar, water, rosemary, and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat quickly and let simmer until rosemary and thyme are very aromatic and sauce has thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Take pie out of the refrigerator and gently and slowly pour caramelized liquid over the crust, distributing it as evenly as possible so that some liquid gets into all openings of the lattice.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Continue baking until apples are soft, 35 to 45 minutes. Remove pie from the oven and let cool on a wire rack before serving.
Cook’s Note:Sprinkle some lemon juice on your apple slices so that they don’t brown before you add them. Also, make sure to use light brown sugar in the caramel drizzle, not dark brown sugar…the extra molasses in the dark brown sugar will cause the caramel to separate and become clumpy.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Apple Pie with Rosemary-Thyme on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Apple Pie with Rosemary-Thyme