- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to the hot skillet, skin-side down, leaving at least 1 inch between the breasts to ensure even cooking and browning. Cook until skin is browned, about 6 minutes. Turn and cook an additional 6 minutes until browned on both sides. Transfer chicken breasts to a plate.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet and stir in apples and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Season with sage, rosemary, thyme, salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper; stir to combine.
- While apples are cooking, whisk together chicken broth, whipping cream, honey, and mustard in a small bowl. Pour broth mixture in with the seasoned apples and onions and gently scrape browned bits from the bottom using a wooden spoon. Slide chicken breasts back into the skillet, nestling them between onions and apples.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and cook until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Cook’s Notes:I used bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, but it would work with boneless, skinless chicken breasts, too. If you’re using boneless, skinless chicken breasts, you may finish the chicken on the stovetop. Allow to cook 4 to 5 minutes more, and until sauce has reduced by half.If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, transfer everything into a casserole dish before baking in the oven.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Autumn Chicken Breasts with Apples in a Single Pan on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Autumn Chicken Breasts with Apples in a Single Pan