Bacon Brittle in the Microwave
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crisp and browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels and reserve 1 tablespoon bacon grease. Crumble bacon once drained and slightly cooled.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar, syrup, and salt in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave oven until bubbling, about 4 minutes.
- Stir bacon, pecans, reserved bacon grease, and vanilla extract through the sugar mixture; heat in microwave oven for 3 minutes more. Immediately add baking soda and stir just until foamy.
- Working quickly, spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Let cool until set, about 15 minutes. Break into bite-size pieces.
TipsCook’s Notes:This recipe can be changed in many ways: you can omit the pecans, double the bacon, add peanuts, etc. Just keep in mind that if you add these ingredients, the microwave will cook these as well, so add peanuts near the beginning, extra bacon and/or pecans near the end.If you prefer a denser brittle, add only 1 teaspoon of baking soda at the end.I typically cook 1 pound of bacon, split it, and then make this recipe twice. If you want to make one huge batch instead, you will have to adjust the microwave cooking times to something longer.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Bacon Brittle in the Microwave on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Bacon Brittle in the Microwave