Why Cook Turkey In a Bag?Cooking turkey in a bag keeps the bird juicy by trapping in the moisture. It also speeds up the cooking time by trapping in the heat. Plus, you won’t have to scrub the roasting pan – when you’re done, just throw the bag out.
Turkey In a Bag Ingredients and ToolsHere’s what you’ll need to make this top-rated turkey in a bag:· Turkey: This recipe calls for a whole 12-pound turkey. If your bird is larger or smaller, you’ll need to adjust your cooking time.
· Seasonings: The turkey is simply seasoned with just salt and pepper, which allows the natural flavors to shine.
· Flour: Two tablespoons of flour keep the bag from bursting and help with browning.
· Vegetables: The turkey is roasted alongside onions and celery. For an extra pop of color, add carrots.
· Turkey Bag: You should be able to find turkey-sized oven bags at your local grocery store, likely in the aluminum foil and plastic wrap aisle.
How to Cook Turkey In a Bag
2. Pack the Bag: Sprinkle the bottom of the bag with flour. Place the turkey in the bag along with cut celery and onions. Seal the bag, transfer to a roasting pan, and use a fork to poke several holes in the bag.
3. Roast the Turkey: Bake in a preheated oven until the juices run clear. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thigh meat should read 180 degrees F.
How Long to Cook Turkey In a BagA 12-pound turkey should be fully cooked (using this bag method) after about 3 to 3.5 hours in a 350 degrees F oven.
More Turkey FAQsHere at Allrecipes, we know a thing or two about cooking the perfect Thanksgiving feast — that’s why we’ve made it our mission to answer your most burning turkey questions. Check out some of our best turkey tips, tricks, and guides from over the years:· How to Brine a Turkey
· 3 Ways to Safely Thaw a Frozen Turkey
· How Much Turkey Per Person Do You Need?
· How to Truss a Turkey the Easy Way
· How to Smoke a Turkey
· How to Carve a Turkey the Easy WayExplore our entire collection of Thanksgiving Tips and Tricks.
Allrecipes Community Tips and Praise“Turkey in a bag, where have you been all my life??” asks chiquitabanana. “Cooked the turkey breast-side-down as a few people recommended. Followed the recipe and it worked like a charm! This is our new holiday standard!”“I’m a beginner cook and this recipe was so easy for me,” says Candice Schmidt. “I cooked this for my family’s Christmas get together and it came out perfect. I did add carrots and a couple apples, but other than that I did everything the same and it came out perfect.”“PERFECT,” raves BABBYLEE. “Tender, juicy, and easy! I will be making ALL of my future turkeys this way. Planned for the rest of the food to be done sooner, as my turkey was done in less time.”Editorial contributions by Corey Williams
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Bag of Turkey on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Bag of Turkey