Baked Brie with Maple Caramelized Apples and Spiced Praline BaconRecipe byJulie Hubert
Published on March 5, 2020
3 slices bacon
2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
sea salt to taste
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices Golden Delicious apples
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (8 ounce) round Brie cheese
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay bacon on the prepared baking sheet. Mix pecans, brown sugar, chili powder, and sea salt together in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the bacon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crisp, and browned, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. Chop bacon into rough pieces.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples and 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Saute, stirring only every 60 to 90 seconds, until apples are tender and brown, about 8 minutes. Mix in remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup and cinnamon. Transfer to a bowl.
- Cut a round of parchment paper slightly larger than the round of Brie cheese. Place the Brie cheese on the parchment paper; place onto a baking sheet. Top with the cooked apples to make a big mound.
- Bake in the hot oven for 5 minutes. Add bacon-praline mixture on top of the Brie. Continue baking until top is bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a serving platter using a large spatula. Sprinkle with sea salt and rosemary.
Cook’s Note:The cooked apples can be made a day ahead and stored covered in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Baked Brie with Caramelized Apples from Maple and Spiced Praline Bacon on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Baked Brie with Caramelized Apples from Maple and Spiced Praline Bacon