- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Cut poblano peppers in half and tear off stems and veins; discard seeds.
- Roast peppers on the preheated grill, turning often, until soft and charred, about 5 minutes. Cool until easily handled, about 10 minutes. Wipe off or peel skins and discard.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Beat eggs, flour, and salt together vigorously in a medium mixing bowl. Flour may still be a bit clumpy but it will eventually dissolve during cooking process. Add milk and beat again.
- Drizzle olive oil in a 9×13-inch baking dish then place poblanos in, cut sides-up. Fill poblanos evenly with cheese. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until egg mixture is slightly firm, about 22 minutes.
- Mix tomato sauce and salsa together in a bowl. Pour on top of egg mixture; add Cheddar cheese on top. Turn the oven’s broiler on.
- Broil in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Cook’s Notes:You can roast the poblano peppers a few days in advance if you like. Instead of grilling, you can roast over a gas burner. Grilling is easier but with roasting over a gas burner, you can clean off more of the outer skin. To roast over a burner: roast dry over the burner set to medium-high heat until completely charred, turning as needed. Afterwards, place in a plastic bag to sweat for 10 to 20 minutes. To clean: wipe skin off over a trash can or over the sink. After cleaning them, cut in halves and remove seeds.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Baked Chiles Rellenos Are Healthier on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Baked Chiles Rellenos Are Healthier