- Stir pork shoulder, livers, onion, celery, poblano pepper, jalapeño pepper, garlic, salt, 1 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper together in a large pot. Cover the pot with a lid and refrigerate until flavors combine, 2 hours to overnight.
- Pour enough water into the pork mixture to cover by 2 inches; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove from heat. Pour mixture through a strainer, reserving strained liquid and meat separately.
- Transfer drained meat mixture to a cutting board and finely chop.
- Stir chopped meat, rice, parsley, and green onion together in a bowl. Gradually add reserved cooking liquid, one ladleful at a time, to meat mixture, stirring until completely incorporated between each addition, until mixture has a paste-like consistency. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll chilled meat mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Make a breading station: Whisk flour, 1 pinch cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper together in a shallow bowl. Pour breadcrumbs into another shallow bowl. Beat eggs in another shallow bowl.
- Gently press a ball into flour mixture to coat; shake off the excess flour. Dip ball into beaten egg; press ball into bread crumbs. Place breaded ball onto a plate and repeat breading process with remaining balls.
- Working in batches, cook boudin balls in preheated oil, turning once, until crispy on the outside and hot on the inside, 3 to 4 minutes.
Nutrition:The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Balls de Boudin on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Balls de Boudin