- Place peaches, tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, cherry peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, sugar, vinegar, liquid smoke, herb seasoning, mustard seeds, salt, black pepper, celery seeds, ginger, and cinnamon in a large stockpot. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until peaches and vegetables begin to brown, scraping the bottom of pot frequently to keep from scorching, about 1 hour.
- Reduce heat and simmer mixture until softened and slightly reduced, 30 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Puree mixture using a hand blender until well blended. Pour mixture, about 1 cup at a time, through a fine mesh strainer; press remaining sauce in strainer with a ladle to remove fibrous portions of tomato skins. The strained sauce should be glossy and thick. Stir in tomato paste and blend until smooth.
- Sterilize jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack the barbeque sauce into the hot sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
Cook’s Note:It is not always necessary to add the tomato paste to this sauce. If the sauce is sufficiently reduced, this step is not needed.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Barbecue Peach Sauce on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Barbecue Peach Sauce