- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Beat 1/3 cup superfine sugar and butter together in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs yolks and beat well; beat in almond extract. Stir ground almonds and flour into butter mixture until mixture has a thick paste-like consistency.
- Cut puff pastry into 8 equal pieces. Place 1 tablespoon almond mixture in the lower center of each piece. Fold top of puff pastry down over the filling and press edges together to seal. Make three 1/2-inch cuts equal lengths apart on the bottom edge to make the “claws”. Transfer pastries to a baking sheet.
- Whisk egg and water together in a bowl. Brush each bear claw with egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons superfine sugar and sliced almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffed and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Cook’s Note:To make ground almonds, freeze whole almonds, then place in a food processor and grind in short bursts. Do not over process or allow them to get warm, otherwise they will turn into almond butter.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Bear Claws from Puff Pastry on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Bear Claws from Puff Pastry