Beer-Battered Chinese Eggplant Recipe
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Peel and cut eggplants into spears.
- Combine flour, beer, egg, garlic salt, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl. Be careful pouring the beer, so it doesn’t get too bubbly; this just helps it to mix better. Be sure to stir, not beat, really well, until batter is smooth.
- Working in batches, dip eggplant spears into the batter until coated, then place in the hot oil, making sure not to overcrowd. Fry in a single layer until batter is golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes per batch. Be sure to gently stir each batch about once every minute to be sure they cook evenly and keep from sticking together.
- Carefully remove from oil and place on a paper towel-covered plate. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Editor’s Note:Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Beer-Battered Chinese Eggplant Recipe on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Beer-Battered Chinese Eggplant Recipe