- Mix water and salt together in a very large bowl. Add sourdough starter and whisk vigorously to mix and aerate; stir in 3 cups bread flour until smooth. Stir in remaining 3 cups bread flour until dough is completely mixed.
- Cover bowl and set aside until dough is bubbly and increased in volume, 12 to 15 hours.
- Turn dough onto a well-floured work surface using floured hands. Turn dough several times to cover with flour. Return dough to an oiled bowl and let rest until dough is doubled in size but not risen enough to collapse, 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat an oven-safe, lidded Dutch oven (at least 8 quarts) in a 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the Dutch oven using oven mitts and sprinkle cornmeal into the bottom to prevent dough from sticking.
- Gently roll dough out of oiled bowl and into the Dutch oven; replace the lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove lid and continue baking until crust is lightly browned, about 15 minutes more. Carefully tip loaf out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Cook’s Notes:The sourdough starter used in this recipe is based on the common formula of 1:2 water-to-flour. Information about establishing a sourdough starter is available online. 1/4 teaspoon dry yeast can be added to the recipe in case of chilly weather or if your starter happens to be of a lethargic disposition.If the bubbles are popping in step 2, the dough has risen longer than necessary.Substitute oats for cornmeal, if desired.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Better-Than-Bakery Sourdough with No Kneading on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Better-Than-Bakery Sourdough with No Kneading