Biscotti with Chocolate and Figs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a separate bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in 6 egg whites, one at a time. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Stir in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in figs with the wooden spoon.
- Divide the dough in two. Shape each half into a loaf about 12 inches long and 2 inches wide. Place the loaves 4 inches apart on the baking sheet; flatten tops slightly with your hand. Beat remaining egg white until foamy and brush over the tops. Lightly sprinkle cinnamon on the loaves after brushing on the egg white.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool, about 30 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cut the baked loaves into 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices using a serrated knife. Lay slices cut-side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Cook’s Note:You can also use 1 cup dried cranberries instead of figs and use almond extract instead of vanilla. Omit chocolate and cinnamon.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Biscotti with Chocolate and Figs on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Biscotti with Chocolate and Figs