Biscotti with Chocolate-Dipped Pistachios
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper; set aside.
- Stir together the sugar, butter, vanilla, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the eggs and whites, beating vigorously with a wooden spoon until evenly incorporated. Fold in the dried apricots, then 11/2 cups pistachios until thoroughly incorporated. Gradually stir in the flour and cornmeal until very well blended (if necessary, work in the last of it with your hands). Let dough stand for 5 minutes to firm up.
- Divide the dough in half. Using greased hands, shape and smooth each half into an 8×4-inch loaf, spacing them 4 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Pat each loaf to an even thickness.
- Bake 24 to 28 minutes or until firm and light brown and a toothpick inserted near the center of each comes out clean. Remove from oven. Set aside; cool completely. Transfer to a cutting board. Using a large, serrated knife, cut each loaf into slices about 1/4 inch thick. Place slices, cut side down, on parchment-paper-lined baking sheets.
- Return one baking sheet to the oven. Bake slices 12 to 14 minutes or until toasted and light brown, turning once halfway through baking and watching closely to avoid overbrowning. Slide the parchment paper with baked cookies on it to a wire rack and let cool. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Microwave chocolate and shortening in a medium microwave-safe bowl on 100% power (high) 1 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip one half of each cookie crosswise into melted chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drip off and place on clean parchment paper. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped pistachios and let stand until set.
Customize It:Substitute your favorite nuts, such as peanuts, walnuts, pecans, or mixed nuts, for the pistachios. Swap out the dried apricots for another dried fruit, such as raisins, cranberries, cherries, or prunes.
REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP:Enjoy this chocolate-dipped classic in no time! Letting them stand and dry on the parchment paper after you’ve dipped them in chocolate will ensure the quickest cleanup. You can also fashion small envelopes out of the parchment paper for a crafty, hand-made touch when giving these away to friends. Add decorative ribbon and these little treat packets are sure to please everyone!
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Biscotti with Chocolate-Dipped Pistachios on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Biscotti with Chocolate-Dipped Pistachios