- Make buttermilk by combining milk and vinegar in a small bowl. Stir and let sit until slightly thickened and curdled, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix 1 cup flour, sourdough starter, and buttermilk together in a large, non-reactive bowl. Cover and let dough sit in a warm place, 8 hours to overnight.
- Add 1 cup flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda to the dough; knead lightly until well mixed. Turn dough out onto a work surface that has been sprinkled with remaining 1/2 cup flour. Roll or pat dough out to a thickness of about 1/2 inch. Dip a biscuit cutter into melted butter and cut out biscuits. Reserve any remaining butter.
- Place biscuits close together in a greased 9×13-inch pan. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt any remaining butter and brush over biscuits.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.
Cook’s Note:For pinch off biscuits, do not roll the dough, simply pinch off the biscuits and continue as instructed.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Biscuits with Sourdough Buttermilk on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Biscuits with Sourdough Buttermilk