- Place 1 1/2 cups water, butter, brown sugar, yeast, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the hook attachment. Mix until well combined. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Turn mixer on low speed and add 4 cups flour, 1 cup at a time. Add additional 1/2 cup flour if dough appears sticky. Increase speed to medium and knead until dough is smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl, 4 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle in more flour if dough still seems a little tacky.
- Oil a large mixing bowl. Add the ball of dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a large saucepan. Slowly add baking soda and return to a boil.
- Meanwhile, remove dough from the bowl, flatten into a disc shape, and cut into 8 wedges. Roll each wedge into a 24-inch rope. Cut each rope into 1-inch pieces.
- Drop batches of dough pieces into the boiling water for about 35 seconds. Remove to the prepared sheet pan. Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water; brush over the tops of each boiled dough piece. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 14 to 16 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
Editor’s Note:Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of baking soda. The actual amount of baking soda consumed will vary.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Bites of Soft Pretzel on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Bites of Soft Pretzel