Brazilian Rice and Sweet Banana Dish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Combine lemon juice, sugar, butter, and rum in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved and sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Arrange bananas cut-side down in the baking dish. Pour enough sauce over bananas to cover, reserving any extra sauce for serving.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bananas are soft and sticky, about 30 minutes.
- Bring water and brown rice to a boil in another saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Combine black beans and diced tomatoes in a skillet over low heat; heat until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage links; cook, flipping often, until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Slice sausage into small pieces.
- Scoop rice into a large bowl. Pour black beans on top. Sprinkle dill and basil on top. Add sausage; mix gently to combine. Serve bananas alongside.
Cook’s Notes:Reserve extra sauce for serving alongside the dish.Use fresh tomatoes for even better flavor.Halfway through cooking the rice, start warming the beans and cooking the sausage so you can plate and serve everything together.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Brazilian Rice and Sweet Banana Dish on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Brazilian Rice and Sweet Banana Dish