Brittle of Lemon Almond Cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread almonds onto a baking sheet. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Bake almonds in the preheated oven until toasted and fragrant, 7 to 8 minutes. Chop almonds.
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Add white sugar, vanilla extract, lemon extract, and salt; beat until well combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Stir flour, lemon zest, and 1/2 cup almonds into creamed butter mixture until dough is combined.
- Press dough evenly into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining almonds over dough, pressing lightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden, about 20 minutes. Cool brittle in the dish on a wire rack. Sprinkle confectioners’ sugar over brittle; break into chunks.
Cook’s Notes:You can alternately set oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for pure convect, if desired. Bake brittle for 18 minutes instead of 20 minutes.I used Kitchen Aid(R) mixer when adding the flour and lemon zest to butter mixture.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Brittle of Lemon Almond Cookie on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Brittle of Lemon Almond Cookie