- Bring 2 cups water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While rice cooks, add 1/2 cup water to a pot and bring to a boil. Add a steamer insert and place broccoli in the pot. Cover and simmer until lightly steamed, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a platter in a single layer, uncovered, so florets remain bright green and do not continue cooking from their own residual heat.
- Slice the long strip of skirt steak into 2-inch long pieces. Cut those pieces across the grain (for tenderness) and on the bias (for width) into slices that are about 1/4-inch thick. Place beef into a mixing bowl and sprinkle in cornstarch. Stir to coat thoroughly, unfolding any folded slices. Let meat rest for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, Sriracha sauce, paprika, ginger, sesame oil, and garlic powder in a large saucepan. Stir in white parts of scallions and water chestnuts. Heat just to boiling, then reduce to a slow simmer. Stir sauce frequently until reduced and thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- While sauce thickens, heat a large nonstick frying pan until sizzling. Add oil and heat until shimmering. Shake excess cornstarch from beef and place 1/2 of them into the pan without crowding. Cook briefly on both sides until they just start to brown, 3 to 4 minutes; do not cook fully. Transfer to a plate and cook remaining slices, adding oil if needed.
- Transfer all beef to the simmering sauce and stir to coat. Simmer to finish cooking the beef, 2 to 3 minutes, making sure not to overcook. Stir in broccoli and green parts of scallions. Heat 1 minute longer.
- Serve immediately over cooked rice. Let diners add crushed red pepper flakes as they wish.
Cook’s Note:Flap meat also works well. Third choice: flank steak.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Broccoli with Mongolian Beef on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Broccoli with Mongolian Beef