What Is a Buckeye?Buckeyes are peanut butter fudge balls dipped in chocolate. Unlike classic peanut butter balls, a circle of peanut butter is left visible. The finished product resembles the nut that grows on the Ohio buckeye tree.
Buckeyes IngredientsThese chocolate buckeyes come together easily with pantry staples. Here’s what you’ll need:· Peanut butter: Use your favorite creamy peanut butter. If you’d like a bit of texture, you can substitute crunchy peanut butter.
· Butter: You’ll need a cup (two sticks) of butter to make the fudge balls.
· Vanilla: A dash of vanilla extract takes the flavor up a notch.
· Sugar: For this fudgy recipe, opt for confectioners’ sugar (a.k.a. powdered sugar).
· Chocolate chips: The chilled peanut butter balls are dipped in melted semi-sweet chocolate chips.
How to Make BuckeyesYou’ll find the full, step-by-step recipe below — but here’s a brief overview of what you can expect when you make these top-rated buckeyes:1. Make the peanut butter balls: Beat the first three ingredients together until smooth. Beat in the sugar. Roll the dough into balls and transfer to wax paper-lined baking sheets. Press a toothpick into each ball and chill in the freezer.
2. Melt the chocolate: Meanwhile, gently melt the chocolate in a double boiler on the stove.
3. Dip the peanut butter balls: Holding it by the toothpick, dip each peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate. Make sure to leave a small piece of peanut butter showing at the top.
4. Refrigerate the buckeyes: Return the peanut butter balls to the baking sheet. When all the balls are coated, transfer them to the refrigerator until the chocolate is set.
How to Store BuckeyesTransfer the buckeyes to a shallow, airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Can You Freeze Buckeyes?Yes! You can freeze buckeyes for up to two months. When the chocolate is set, transfer the buckeyes to a zip-top freezer bag or another freezer-safe container. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Allrecipes Community Tips and Praise“These turned out beautifully,” raves kpeiffer. “The key was freezing the peanut butter balls before dipping them in the chocolate. It worked like a charm.”“I make oodles of these each year,” says lisacrislip. “Never fails – they are loved by all. I add some paraffin wax to chocolate. This thins it and makes coating much easier to adhere nicely to peanut butter balls.”“Super easy,” according to QPSDOLL. “I always have these ingredients in the kitchen. My gluten free daughter loved them and both my kids enjoyed making them.”Editorial contributions by Corey Williams
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Buckeyes on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Buckeyes