- Blend flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a medium bowl. Combine butter, shortening, and sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla. Slowly add flour mixture to the sugar blend.
- Divide dough in 1/2 and form into two 2-inch diameter logs. Shake the candy sprinkles evenly over a sheet of waxed paper. Roll the dough logs over the sprinkles, making sure the sprinkles adhere to the sides. Wrap the logs in waxed paper and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove 1 dough log from the refrigerator. Unwrap and place on a flat surface. Slice dough into 1/2-inch rounds and place on prepared cookie sheets. Rewrap and return any unused dough to the refrigerator; only slice it just as you are ready to place it on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the bottoms start to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheets for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Cook’s Notes:You can use colored sugar in place of colored sprinkles, if you’d like.To freeze dough for later baking, add a layer of foil to the waxed paper-wrapped log. To bake, place log in the refrigerator to thaw, about 8 hours, then slice and bake as directed.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Butter Cookies in the Freezer on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Butter Cookies in the Freezer