Cabbage ‘Unstuffed’ with a Kick
‘Unstuffed’ Cabbage with a Kick
Published on July 3, 2020
1 pound ground turkey
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ tablespoon onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 head cabbage, cut into 1-inch squares
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground turkey in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Transfer cooked turkey to a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in the skillet over medium heat; saute onion in hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic to onion; saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour diced tomatoes and tomato sauce over the onion mixture; season with Italian seasoning, basil, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer tomato mixture until the tomatoes are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir cabbage into the tomato mixture; continue cooking until cabbage is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir ground turkey into the mixture; cook to reheat the turkey, 1 to 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Cabbage ‘Unstuffed’ with a Kick on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Cabbage ‘Unstuffed’ with a Kick