Cake with chocolate and Guinness®
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper; grease parchment paper.
- Combine stout beer and butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat; heat until butter melts and beer looks glossy, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove beer mixture from heat; whisk in sugar and 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder until dissolved and smooth. Whisk in 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract until well blended. Add baking soda; mix in flour gradually until batter thickens and no lumps remain, about 5 minutes.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool cake before serving, at least 4 hours.
Cook’s Note:You can make a simple icing by blending 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar with 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese. This sweet but tangy frosting is the perfect topping for the rich and dark cake.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Cake with chocolate and Guinness® on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Cake with chocolate and Guinness®