Cake with Marble Crumbs
Marble Crumb Cake
Updated on August 22, 2022
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup butter
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup shortening
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour one 13×9 inch cake pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the flour and the brown sugar, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly, stir in the chopped nuts and set aside.
- In a double boiler or microwave melt chocolate chips and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl mix the remaining 2 cups flour, white sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add the shortening, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Blend and then beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup of the batter and the melted cooled chocolate, mix well.
- Alternate spooning the light and the dark batters into the prepared 13×9 cake pan. Cut through with a knife to marble. Sprinkle top with the reserved nut mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Let cake cool and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Cake with Marble Crumbs on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Cake with Marble Crumbs