- Combine rhubarb, apples, 1/2 cup white sugar, and water together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir rhubarb mixture until rhubarb is tender and compote is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Mix 2/3 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup margarine, egg, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Stir milk and stir into the sugar mixture. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Mix flour mixture into wet mixture until batter is just moistened; pour into the prepared baking dish. Spoon enough compote over cake to make about 1/2-inch-thick layer, reserving any leftover compote for another use.
- Stir oats, 1/2 cup margarine, 1/2 cup white sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl until crumbly; sprinkle over compote layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
Cook’s Note:You will have leftover compote after spreading a layer over the cake batter.
Editor’s Note:The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the compote. The actual amount of the compote consumed will vary.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Cake with Rhubarb Compote on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Cake with Rhubarb Compote