Caramelized Pineapple-Upside-Down Cake from Sri Lanka
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt butter for topping in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add jaggery and bring to a simmer, stirring every so often until jaggery is dissolved. Once it starts to bubble, turn off heat and immediately pour the mixture into a 9-inch round cake pan. Arrange pineapple slices on top of the caramel mixture. Set aside while you prepare the cake.
- Combine almond flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Grind star anise pod with a mortar and pestle and add to the flour mixture.
- Beat butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and beat until creamed together. Beat in eggs on high speed until combined. Mix in vanilla and lemon zest. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat on low speed until combined and no lumps remain; do not overmix. Pour batter over the pineapple topping in the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 45 minutes; do not overbake.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack; let cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Invert cake onto a cake stand or serving plate.
Cook’s Note:You can use brown sugary if you don’t have jaggery, and whole wheat flour in place of cornmeal.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Caramelized Pineapple-Upside-Down Cake from Sri Lanka on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Caramelized Pineapple-Upside-Down Cake from Sri Lanka