- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter.
- Combine grated carrots, brown sugar sugar, white sugar, and lemon zest in a bowl. Toss to coat and allow the natural juices to come out. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a separate bowl.
- Whisk eggs, applesauce, oil, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl. Add flour mixture 1/4 cup at a time, mixing until just combined. Fold in carrot-sugar mixture with all the juice that has accumulated. Add food coloring. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Cool cake on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges of the pan to loosen. Invert cake carefully onto a serving plate or cooling rack. Let cool completely.
Cook’s Note:If you want to frost the cake, let cool completely and add a bit of purple food coloring to your favorite cream cheese frosting.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Carrot Cake in Purple on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Carrot Cake in Purple