- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place butternut squash in a 9×13-inch baking dish with about 1/2 cup water. Cover with foil.
- Bake squash in the preheated oven until soft, about 1 hour.
- While the squash is baking, bring 2 cups water and brown rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
- When rice is about halfway finished, heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; stir in onion and garlic. Saute until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add garbanzo beans, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, carrots, zucchini, bell peppers, coconut milk, and soy sauce. Stir to combine, cover, and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Combine rice, vegetables, and squash in the baking dish. Add basil and stir to combine. Return to the oven and bake until set, about 5 more minutes.
Cook’s Notes:Don’t use instant rice. You can use 2 teaspoons dried basil in place of 2 tablespoons fresh.Add 2 cubed and sauteed chicken breasts for additional protein, or for those who are not vegetarian.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Casserole of Broccoli and Butternut Squash on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Casserole of Broccoli and Butternut Squash