- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add broccoli and cauliflower; cook, uncovered, until tender yet firm to the bite, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and immediately immerse in ice water for several minutes to stop the cooking process. Drain and transfer to a baking dish.
- While the broccoli and cauliflower are cooking, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir until browned and bubbling, 3 to 4 minutes. Whisk in half-and-half and mustard; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Stir 2/3 cup Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and paprika into sauce; cook and stir until both cheeses are melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over broccoli and cauliflower in the baking dish; sprinkle 3 tablespoons Cheddar cheese and bread crumbs over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
TipsAny sharp cheese will work instead of Cheddar, and Romano can be used instead of Parmesan.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Casserole of Broccoli and Cauliflower with Cheese on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Casserole of Broccoli and Cauliflower with Cheese