Mexican Turkey Corn Bread Casserole
Published on February 26, 2020
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 pound ground turkey
¼ cup fat-free chicken broth
1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
2 ounces orzo pasta
1 (8 ounce) jar salsa, or to taste
1 (8.5 ounce) package dry corn muffin mix
1 (8.25 ounce) can cream-style corn
1 tablespoon milk
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; cook and stir ground turkey in hot oil until turkey is browned and crumbly, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain excess fat. Stir chicken broth and taco seasoning mix into turkey; cook and stir until liquid reduces and thickens, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir orzo into turkey mixture, bring to a simmer, and cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add salsa to turkey-orzo mixture, stir, and transfer mixture to a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Stir muffin mix, creamed corn, and milk together in a bowl. Spread corn mixture over turkey mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Spread Mexican cheese blend over the top of the casserole and bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Casserole of Mexican Turkey Corn Bread on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Casserole of Mexican Turkey Corn Bread