- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; reserve some grease in the skillet. Let bacon cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes; chop and set aside.
- Heat reserved grease in the skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until golden, 7 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine 6 cups chicken broth and half-and-half in a large pot; bring to a boil. Stir in grits, return to a boil, and cover. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until grits are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- While grits are cooking, bring remaining 2 cups chicken broth to a boil in another pot. Add greens, reduce heat, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and squeeze out all liquid.
- Stir bacon, onions, Monterey Jack and Parmesan cheeses, butter, salt, and pepper into grits. When butter is melted, stir in greens. Transfer mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until starting to brown on top, about 15 minutes.
Cook’s Notes:Don’t use instant grits for this.You can use spinach or collard greens instead of turnip, and heavy cream instead of half-and-half.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Casserole with Grits and Greens on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Casserole with Grits and Greens