- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet. Add chicken pieces in batches, cooking until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place browned chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker. Place potatoes, carrots, and bell peppers on top of the meat in the slow cooker.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet and add onion. Cook until soft and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add to slow cooker. Add red curry paste, ginger paste, and lemongrass paste to the skillet and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in 1 can coconut milk; reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining 1 can coconut milk, chicken broth, and peanut butter. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until liquid begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce over ingredients in the slow cooker; stir gently to combine.
- Set slow cooker to Low and cook until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 4 to 6 hours.
- 20 minutes before serving season with lemon juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Stir in 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts. Serve with hot cooked rice and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of peanuts.
Cook’s Notes:You can substitute coconut oil for olive oil. You might not need the second tablespoon of olive oil if there is enough liquid in the skillet.You can substitute botan rice for jasmine rice.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Chicken Massaman Curry in the Slow Cooker on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Chicken Massaman Curry in the Slow Cooker