- Place bacon in a large, deep-sided skillet over medium heat. Cook, turning occasionally, until crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels and crumble when cool enough to handle. Leave grease in the skillet.
- Lightly season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook in the bacon grease over medium heat until browned and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add potatoes to the skillet and fry until fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer potatoes to a bowl, then mash. Add butter and mash until combined. Add milk and mash until smooth. Mix in crumbled bacon and season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add flour to remaining oil in the skillet. Whisk over medium-low heat until a roux forms. Add chicken broth, a little at a time, whisking as you do until a sauce forms that is a little thinner than gravy. Simmer gravy until it thickens, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve gravy over potatoes and chicken.
Cook’s Note:You can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs if preferred but you will need to cook longer.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Chicken pan-fried with mashed potatoes and gravy on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Chicken pan-fried with mashed potatoes and gravy