- Place chicken in a large pot. Add water to cover, onion, bay leaf, thyme sprig, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until chicken is tender, about 50 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board or platter and let cool completely. Remove bones, fat, and skin from chicken. Chop chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add sausage pieces; brown on all sides. Add rice and paprika to the pot; stir over medium heat until rice is coated with oil and browned bits are stirred from the bottom. Add Swanson® Chicken Broth and browned sausage pieces.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and cook until rice has absorbed the broth, about 30 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork.
- Stir the chicken pieces into the rice. Top with chopped hard-cooked egg just before serving.
Cook’s Notes:You can substitute any cooked chicken or turkey for the whole chicken. You’ll need about 3 cups.You can substitute yellow rice for the white rice but don’t use quick-cooking or instant.Allstars are loyal Allrecipes community members, selected to be brand ambassadors based on onsite participation, interest, and commitment. Allstars may be compensated for their participation in the Allrecipes Allstar program.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Chicken Perlo Southern Style with Andouille Sausage on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Chicken Perlo Southern Style with Andouille Sausage