- Chop 1/4 of the red onion and place in a small mixing bowl. Cut remaining onion into rough wedges and reserve for the chicken.
- Add tomato, jalapeno, garlic, and cilantro to the chopped onion. Add olive oil and 1/2 of the lime juice; stir mixture together and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix cayenne pepper, chile pepper, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Trim and clean chicken thighs. Lightly brush both sides with olive oil, then coat with the spice mixture.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat until you can see steam coming up from the pan. Add chicken and sear on both sides until skin is crispy, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with reserved onion wedges and remaining lime juice.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 12 to 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Plate chicken and top with pico de gallo.
Cook’s Note:You can use bone-in chicken thighs if desired.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Chicken Skillet-Roasted with Pico de Gallo on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Chicken Skillet-Roasted with Pico de Gallo