- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Pat chicken dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Working in batches, place in the hot skillet, skin-side down. Cook until well browned but be sure not to burn, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook on the bottom side for 1 minute. Transfer to a 9×13-inch baking dish, skin-side up.
- Combine boiling water, garlic powder, and bouillon in a small bowl. Pour into the baking dish around (not over) the chicken until it comes about 1/3 of the way up the sides of the chicken; do not cover the chicken.
- Cover and bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 60 to 75 minutes, uncovering and broiling for the last 5 minutes if possible. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove from the pan and let sit for at least 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Cook’s Note:I’ve learned that ensuring that the chicken is well salted before browning is essential. Otherwise, the chicken is good, but bland. The hardest thing about this recipe is browning the chicken. After that, it’s just oven time.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Chicken Thighs in the Oven on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Chicken Thighs in the Oven