- Place chicken in a large, deep skillet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Add 1/3 cup water to the pan, cover, and cook over medium heat until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 20 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, pour 2 cups water into a microwave-safe bowl. Break curry sauce mix into pieces and add to water. Heat in the microwave on high for 3 1/2 minutes; remove and stir until sauce mix has completely dissolved.
- Remove chicken from the skillet. Cut into cubes, return to the skillet, and pour curry sauce over top. Stir in peas, potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, and onion. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring remaining water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Scoop rice into bowls and serve curry on top.
Cook’s Notes:Two 3.2-ounce packages of curry sauce mix can be used instead of the larger package.Baby portobello mushrooms can be used instead of cremini mushrooms.You can substitute a canned pea-and-carrot mixture for the canned peas. Substitute one 15-ounce can of diced potatoes for the new potatoes if desired.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Chicken with Japanese Curry Sauce on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Chicken with Japanese Curry Sauce