How to Make Chocolate Chip CookiesMaking bakery-worthy chocolate chip cookies is much easier than it seems. You’ll find a detailed ingredient list and step-by-step instructions in the recipe below, but let’s go over the basics:
Chocolate Chip Cookies IngredientsThese are the kitchen staples you’ll need to make the best chocolate chip cookies of your life:· Butter: This classic chocolate chip cookie recipe starts with two sticks of butter creamed with white and brown sugars. The blend of sugars creates a perfectly balanced flavor.
· Eggs: Eggs add moisture and act as a binding agent, which means they help hold the dough together.
· Vanilla: Vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor of the chocolate chip cookies.
· Baking soda: Baking soda acts as a leavener, which means it helps the cookies rise.
· Water: A bit of hot water creates steam as it bakes, working with the baking soda to puff the cookies up.
· Salt: A pinch of salt enhances the flavors of the other ingredients, but it won’t make the cookies taste salty.
· Flour: All-purpose flour helps create gluten, which adds structure to the cookie dough.
· Chocolate chips: Of course, you’ll need semisweet chocolate chips! You can use dark or milk chocolate chips if you prefer.
· Nuts (optional): Walnuts are optional, but they add nutty flavor and a welcome crunch.
How to Make Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies Step-By-StepHere’s a very brief overview of what you can expect when you make chocolate chip cookies from-scratch:1. Beat the butter and sugars, then beat in the eggs and vanilla.
2. Dissolve the baking soda in hot water and add to the mixture.
3. Stir in the flour, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
4. Drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake until the edges are golden brown.
How Long to Bake Chocolate Chip CookiesIn an oven preheated to 350 degrees F, the chocolate chip cookies should be perfectly baked in about 10 minutes. The edges should be golden brown and the cookies should be mostly set (they’ll continue to set as the cool).
How Long Do Chocolate Chip Cookies Last?Store the cooled chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. If you want to go the extra mile, throw a piece of white bread into the container — it’ll absorb the dry air and keep the cookies soft for longer.Learn more: How to Store Cookies So They Stay Fresh
Can You Freeze Chocolate Chip CookiesYes! You can freeze baked chocolate chip cookies and chocolate chip cookie dough.· To freeze baked cookies: Allow the baked cookies to cool completely. Arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet, cover, and freeze for about three hours or up to overnight. Transfer the now-frozen cookies to a zip-top bag or freezer-safe container. Wrap in at least one layer of foil for extra protection. Freeze for up to two months.
· To freeze cookie dough: Drop balls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover and freeze for about three hours or up to overnight. Transfer the frozen cookies to a zip-top bag or freezer-safe container. Wrap in at least one layer of foil for extra protection. Freeze for up to two months.
Allrecipes Community Tips and Praise“This has been my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe since I found it on Allrecipes several years ago,” says GCKJA. “The recipe is not the ‘back of the bag’ recipe, with different ratios of all ingredients and that’s what makes these cookies so darned good!”“By far my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe,” raves Sonja Ellingson. “Exactly the way I like them. Chewy, crispy and thin. I added some toffee chips in the second batch and they were over the top good!”“My go-to recipe,” says Andrea Howard. “I sometimes add oatmeal, nuts, raisins, etc. but they are also fantastic without. Crunchy and chewy in every bite!”Editorial contributions by Corey Williams
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe