- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10×15-inch cake pan.
- Prepare the cake: Combine butter, water, and cocoa powder in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until butter has melted and mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl. Beat buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl.
- Add melted butter mixture to flour mixture, then add buttermilk-egg mixture and beat until thoroughly combined. Pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Remove cake from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- While the cake bakes, make the frosting: Combine butter, milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until butter melts, then stir in powdered sugar.
- Spread frosting over the warm cake.
TipsBake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) if you are using a dark-coated pan.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake from Grandma on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake from Grandma