Coconut Milk Chicken Adobo (Adobo sa Gata)
- Whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, coffee, and brown sugar in a bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Heat coconut oil in an 8-quart Dutch oven over high heat. Working in batches, add chicken, skin sides down first, and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons drippings from Dutch oven and return to heat. Add chopped garlic and fry until light brown and crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove to a small bowl, leaving drippings in the pot. Add shallots and minced garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until shallots are translucent and garlic has browned, about 5 minutes.
- Put peppercorns and bay leaves in a square of cheesecloth tied with kitchen string. Add browned chicken quarters, vinegar mixture, and spice bundle to Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. Add shiitake and oyster mushrooms, coconut cream, and turmeric. Cover and simmer until chicken is tender, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Cut leg quarters in half at joint or pull meat from bones and shred. Remove spice bundle and skim fat from sauce. Return chicken to the sauce. Sprinkle with green onions and the fried garlic.
Editor’s Note:Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of cooking liquid. The actual amount of cooking liquid consumed will vary.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Coconut Milk Chicken Adobo (Adobo sa Gata) on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Coconut Milk Chicken Adobo (Adobo sa Gata)