Coffee Cake with Dates
Date Coffee Cake
Published on June 19, 2020
1 (8 ounce) package dried pitted dates, diced
2 teaspoons baking soda, divided
⅓ cup boiling water
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons instant coffee
2 teaspoons milk powder
2 tablespoons boiling water
1 ¾ cups white sugar
1 cup margarine
1 ½ tablespoons margarine
4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Place dates in a bowl. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon baking soda on top and mix well. Add 1/3 cup boiling water, stir, and set aside until dates have swelled, about 10 minutes. Squeeze with your hands to remove most of the liquid.
- Meanwhile, mix flour and 1 teaspoon baking soda together in a bowl. Combine instant coffee, milk powder, and 2 tablespoons boiling water in a separate bowl; mix until dissolved.
- Beat sugar, margarine, and eggs together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well blended. Add coffee mixture and dates; beat until well mixed. Gradually mix in flour. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Coffee Cake with Dates on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Coffee Cake with Dates