Italian Wedding Cookies IngredientsYou’ll need just six easy-to-find ingredients to make this classic Italian wedding cookie recipe:· Butter: This Italian wedding cookie dough starts with three sticks of unsalted butter.
· Confectioners’ sugar: Confectioners’ sugar blends perfectly into these melt-in-your-mouth cookies.
· Salt: Salt enhances the flavors of the other ingredients, but they won’t make your cookies taste salty.
· Almonds: Finely ground almonds are the key ingredient in traditional Italian wedding cookies.
· Vanilla: A hefty dose of vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor of the cookies.
· Flour: All-purpose flour creates structure and helps hold the cookie dough together.
How to Make Italian Wedding CookiesYou’ll find the full, step-by-step recipe below — but here’s a brief overview of what you can expect when you make these Italian wedding cookies:1. Beat the butter, sugar, and salt.
2. Mix in the almonds and vanilla, then gradually add the flour.
3. Shape the dough into balls and bake until lightly browned.
4. Roll the warm cookies in confectioners’ sugar.
How to Store Italian Wedding CookiesYou can store Italian wedding cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. If you stack the cookies, place a piece of parchment paper between each layer to prevent sticking.
Can You Freeze Italian Wedding Cookies?Yes, you can freeze Italian wedding cookies — but it’s best to freeze the dough before baking and rolling in powdered sugar.
Allrecipes Community Tips and Praise“I make these frequently, and they always go fast,” says pam. “My variation is that instead of using almonds, I use finely ground pecans. Delicious!”“Very light, delicious cookies,” according to per464. “One tip: Use a strainer to sprinkle with confectioners sugar after baking. Less breakage!”“My family loved these cookies,” raves ErichNJ. “The flavor is simple and subtle. I halved the recipe and omitted the salt in favor of using salted butter.”Editorial contributions by Corey Williams
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Cookies for an Italian Wedding on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Cookies for an Italian Wedding