- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, cloves, baking soda, and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Beat butter in a separate bowl until light and fluffy; add sugar and mix well. Beat egg yolks and orange juice together in another bowl. Stir egg mixture into the butter mixture; add flour mixture slowly, mixing after each addition. Add honey. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Chill dough until firm enough to work with, about 30 minutes. Shape into small ovals and place a few inches apart on baking sheet sheets. Flatten slightly; cookies will spread.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat honey, water, and sugar together in a saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved. Let syrup cool. Mix walnuts, cinnamon, and cloves together in a bowl to make the topping.
- Dip cookies into the cooled syrup for 10 to 15 seconds per side. Sprinkle walnut topping over syrup and let dry completely. Store in muffin cups or between layers of parchment paper.
Cook’s Note:Spiced rum or lager can be substituted for the orange juice.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Cookies Melomakarona on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Cookies Melomakarona