- Whisk flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl until combined.
- Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Mix in pumpkin puree and vanilla extract. Beat on medium- high speed until completely incorporated. Add 1/2 of the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Add remaining flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate dough until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using a pizza cutter or pastry wheel, cut dough into 1×2-inch rectangles. Use the back of a bamboo skewer to poke 3 holes into each cookie. Place cookies 1/2 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle each cookie with white sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool shortbread on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cook’s Notes:You can use a mix of spices in place of the pumpkin pie spice.You can also use cookie cutters to cut out shapes in place of the rectangles, if desired. The number of cookies you get out of this recipe depends on how thickly you roll out your dough and the shape of cookie you decide to make.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Cookies with Pumpkin Shortbread Filling on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Cookies with Pumpkin Shortbread Filling