- Beat 2/3 cup milk and eggs together in a bowl. Whisk crackers, 3/4 cup flour, and 1 teaspoon salt together in a shallow bowl.
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dip each steak into the milk-egg mixture; transfer to cracker mixture and press to coat evenly.
- Fry coated steaks in the hot oil until browned, about 6 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Transfer cooked steaks to a serving platter, retaining drippings in the skillet.
- Stir 1/2 cup flour into steak drippings until dissolved and pasty, 3 to 4 minutes. Cook and stir onion into flour mixture until evenly coated, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour 2 3/4 cup milk into onion mixture; cook and stir until gravy is smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup oil to gravy; cook and stir until incorporated and gravy is boiling, about 1 minute. Season gravy with 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper; serve alongside steak.
Cook’s Note:The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Country-Fried Steak in a Hurry on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Country-Fried Steak in a Hurry