- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Combine heavy cream, vanilla bean, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until surface of cream begins to shimmer, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and take out vanilla bean.
- Whisk egg yolks, 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar, and cocoa together in a large bowl until well-blended. Pour hot cream over egg mixture a little at a time, stirring constantly, until all cream is incorporated and custard is smooth. Strain custard into a large glass measuring cup.
- Arrange eight 6-ounce ramekins in a roasting pan. Pour custard into ramekins. Pour enough warm water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Cover pan loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until custard is firm around the edges, but still wobbly in the center, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Cover ramekins with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler.
- Remove ramekins from refrigerator and blot any liquid on the surface with a paper towel. Arrange ramekins on a baking sheet. Top each custard with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, spreading evenly to the edges.
- Broil in the preheated oven until sugar is melted and crisp, 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Cool briefly, about 5 minutes, before serving.
Cook’s Notes:You can use a salamander or blowtorch instead of a broiler to caramelize the brown sugar in step 9.Serve creme brulees after step 9, or refrigerate and serve up to 4 hours later. They can also be prepared up to 2 days ahead.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Creme Brulee with Chocolate on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Creme Brulee with Chocolate