Crumb Cake with Saskatoon Berries and Cream Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Whisk brown sugar, 1 1/2 cups flour, oats, and cinnamon together in a bowl; gradually stir in oil until mixture is crumbly. Press 1/2 of the crumb mixture into the prepared pan; set remaining crumbs aside for topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm, about 10 minutes. Remove crust from oven and cool slightly, leaving the oven on.
- Place Saskatoon berries and water in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes; stir in lemon juice. Whisk white sugar and 2 tablespoons flour together in a small bowl; stir sugar mixture into berries and cook until mixture begins to thicken, about 3 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes; pour berry filling over crumb crust.
- Sprinkle cream cheese pieces evenly over berry filling. Spread remaining crumb mixture over cream cheese layer and press gently with a potato masher.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crumb topping is golden and filling is bubbly, about 40 minutes.
Editor’s Note:Saskatoon berries may be called serviceberries in some markets.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic Crumb Cake with Saskatoon Berries and Cream Cheese on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the smartinvestplan.com team, along with other related topics such as: Recipe.
Related videos about Crumb Cake with Saskatoon Berries and Cream Cheese